Wheel Wednesday – Types of Tire Wears
We’re introducing Wheel Wednesday and talking about your wheels. Why? Because your wheels or tires are the shoes of your vehicle! You don’t want to be changing out your shoes every week. Every week we will be sharing different tips and what to look for to elongate the life of your tires!
This week we’re going to identify 5 common wear conditions that you might see on your wheels to let you know when its time to come and visit us.
5 Types of Common Wear Conditions
- Alignment Tire Wear – Alignment Tire Wear occurs when there is a vehicle misalignment.
- Center of Tire Wear – This occurs when tires are running with too much air pressure. Remember that most passenger vehicles recommended tire pressure between 33 to 35 psi but always double check with your vehicle’s owner manual.
- Flat Spots on Tires – Too much skidding or brakes locking up can cause flat spots on tires.
- Irregular Tire Wear – Irregular Tire Wear occurs when tire belt separation or worn suspension.
- Edge of Tread Worn – When your tires are underinflated the edges of your tread get worn.
- Tire rotations are vital to maintain tire life on your car and to maintain the traction while driving. We want you to stay safe and save money from always buying tires. When you start seeing any of these tread wear marks it may be time to come pay us a visit.
If you’re experiencing any of these wear conditions it might be time to come pay us a visit! With our tire care experts, we are able to assist you in replacing or repairing your tires.
We are always Ready to Serve you. And we are open from Monday to Friday 7AM – 6PM and on Saturdays 7AM – 4PM.